Monday, August 11, 2014

the aftermath

I won 2 blue ribbons

& several red ones

& a white & a honorable mention. (The big prize that I would like to win had not been awarded yet, so there is still hope.)

The fair has a lot of  divisions which appear to have sub-divisions & when you are looking at the fair, it is impossible to tell what divisions/sub-divisions were up against each other...

Also you were required to add a hanging sleeve to full size quilts. I feel like I added them for hours, only to have 2 hang. (Not the blue ribbon winner mind you) Meanwhile the Chairwoman said that if my small quilt had a sleeve it would have hung. Oh well. (Funny thing about that small quilt, it won a blue ribbon, but was displayed with the back showing. She had it fixed. Meanwhile, what idiot thinks that had embroidery is meant to be on the back?)

My little one isn't "thoroughly" into the rides, but he does like them so we rode a few.



His favorite is the ferris wheel. I think we stood in line for an hour waiting for our turn.

It really is the simple things.

I got some super yummy peaches & we supported the 4-H bake sale. ahem.

edited to add:
We saw a 3 hour old calf. Previously I had only seen very heavily pregnant cows at the fair. (The photo has not made it to flickr yet.)

Capped it off with a lovely dinner where my little man & I exchanged love notes.



9 comments:

hetty said...

Congratulations on all of your ribbons! Keeping my fingers crossed for the big win! Your little guy looks as if he is really enjoying those rides. You are a brave Mommy to join him!

Rebel said...

Congratulations!!! It's one of my goals to enter my crafts in the county fair. Not quite ready to do that yet. So bravo for entering and winning. Love both quilts.

Rhonda said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!! I hope you win the big prize as well!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats - on the ribbons and for "getting it" with regard to the "simple things" . . .

Carla said...

Congrats on the ribbons!

Ock Du Spock said...

Well done on your prizes. They are well deserved. You do such beautiful work!

cityquilter grace said...

woohoo good for u amy....and lovely photo of you and jacob...he has grown so fast...my baby is(gulp) 40....

Rian said...

I'm glad you came to my blog so I could link to yours...what handsome lad your son is. They grow up so fast, don't they!

Vicki W said...

Congratulations on your ribbons!