Friday, August 08, 2014

Fair time life time its a good time



I entered several quilts into the county fair including the one above.

(I had so many other things to say when I started this post. Now my brain appears to have gone on vacation.)

We went to another local fair last weekend, but we arrived when they were judging the home arts, so no photos of "other peoples quilts." But that was the first fair where my son asked to go on a ride. (Dutch Wonderland "ruined" our "cheap" fair experience. Tongue in cheek)

So on Sunday when I go to see if I won any prizes, I will have my "I hate quilts" son wanting to 1. eat & 2. ride the rides. (Last year he yelled, "I hate quilts" at the fair. He was hungry. I don't believe it was a truthful comment - we have since survived a couple far bigger quilt only no rides & animals for distraction quilt shows.) I guess we should hit "the Grilled Cheese" first.

Wish me luck - on all fronts! (Did I mention we are taking my in-laws to the fair - I hope I win big!)

7 comments:

bnh123 said...

I'll look for your quilts! I didn't enter any this year - just couldn't get my act together and my best ones had already been given away as gifts. I have a few ideas for next year, though.

Rhonda said...

My fingers are crossed for you to win!!

Celia Ambrose said...

I hope you have wonderful success! Enjoy the moments you can with your family, even the time out for food. Always a good idea for kids to have food instead of reaching that point of no return once the hunger has gone too far. I speak from experience. hehehe

hetty said...

Wishing you success on all fronts! Jacob needs sustenance and excitement. He can't eat a quilt, or sit on one and get hair-raising high. Hope your in-laws enjoy the show and are impressed with your work. But how could they not be? Keeping my fingers crossed for your entries!

ruthsplace said...

Good luck with the quilts and the reluctant quilt fair attendee!

Michele said...

Good luck! I was hoping to finish my current UFO-in-progress in time to enter, but no such luck. Finished, but to late for this year's fair - maybe next year :)

Rebel said...

I love your i-spy quilts! So much fun.