Sunday, May 11, 2014

quilting - on a quilt blog, I know, I know

About the pudding post - I had it better formatted - I don't know why it posted as 1 big block of text... This is the top that I pieced today: I get to stand on the couch? This is who held it up for me: I've got a helper I likes the orca & the whale - which is why I've been purchasing aquatic prints. (That is my excuse & I'm sticking with it.) BTW the Hand Dyed fabrics are by Vicki. I'm using my fabric! I won the pack when working on this project: Second quilt getting a hanging sleeve Sorry it's not a better photo. Hopefully it is good enough to hang from the rafters at out county show - then I can get a really good full shot. (If not, I do plan on hanging it in my living room where we have 12 foot ceilings, so a majority of it will show - if not all of it.) I wasn't going border that top because I thought that it would fit a batting scrap - it is a bit too big for the scrap, so I might will add the border yet. I ordered the border fabric, it is a blue/green tossed alphabet print. I'll have to see how it looks in person with the top. I ordered some batting from - the store that we all love to hate - walmart - @$10 for a twin size batt - warm & white brand. I have several pieces of fabric that I plan to use as twin size backs - 6 yards or two 3 yard cuts. Now to make some twin sized tops.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Looks great, and a fast sew!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fun photo of Jacob the helper!

Deb Hardman said...

Gosh Amy, it has been a while! So nice to catch up on you. I love the scrappy baby quilt! My oh my how big Jacob has grown!

cityquilter grace said...

cute little assistant you have there amy...and very pretty scrappy!