Sunday, December 15, 2013

Burgoyne surrounded with dashing & cornerstones

AKA how I have spent that last several days.

Background: I have wanted to make a burgoyne surrounded quilt for a long time, but most patterns are not written for using scraps. I did not want to figure out how many pieces & what size, so I just made other quilts.

The current American Patchwork & Quilting magazine has it broken down by piece.

I love that it is 100% scrappy (some repeats, but not many.)

Not so funny - today while sewing with my mini-group I sewed all four 4-patches wrong! Luckily I realized it early & it was a fairly easy fix. :o)

8 comments:

sophie said...

Beautiful! I have been tempted by that scrappy version of Bourgogne Surrounded, too. Maybe I'll just live vicariously through your effort ;-)

Exuberant Color said...

That is one of my favorite traditional patterns and I haven't made it yet. I agree, scrappy is how I want to do it too.

Melanie said...

I love this. Great job. I am so tempted to join in with this quilt a long.........

Vicki W said...

I want to make one of those some day too. I love it scrappy!

Anna said...

I really like this pattern, although I wonder what it would look like in all solids. Backburner. :)

ruthsplace said...

This is lovely.

Jessie said...

Can't wait to see this one take shape, Amy! Great choice on this classic pattern.

cityquilter grace said...

it is dashing indeed! very very nice....love it scrappy!