Saturday, November 09, 2013

yardage from Houston

On my list of things to get at Houston was a large piece of "Taupe" background fabric. (Taupe describes the type of Japanese Fabric, not the color.) I thought "light" but this was such a good background that I went with my gut & got the dark too. I'm glad, whats left of my already cut 5 inch squares are rather light. This pile of fabric will be a "Round & Round" quilt - pattern by Thimbleblossoms.

I could have made the light work, but I would have had to cut yardage & fat quarters - so I am glad that I got the dark.

I have to admit that I am not 100% sure why I had so many light 5 inch squares cut… (Some of the lightest ones were in a different finished quilt - that also has the medium squares.) My darks are depleted because my "Number the Stars" quilt was made using scrappy darks for the background.

1 comment:

julieQ said...

We should have met up in Houston!! Very pretty fabrics you have there.