Friday, October 04, 2013

Fractured Friday


I officially have all of my units pieced - now to turn them into blocks!

I was furloughed from my job on Wednesday (I had to go in on Tuesday) & so I friend & I sewed together. I sewed more of them yesterday. FWIW, my friend is in the market for a new sewing machine, so if you make the jump, chime in.

image
These are from yesterday. The others are still in my project bag.

Now it is time for me to admit that I am not a fan of the "you really have to pay attention-ness" of these blocks. But now that I have all of the units done I need to buckle down & piece them.

Should I do all of the "C" blocks then all of the "D" blocks? So far I have done one & then the other.

Also on today's agenda - annual dermatologist appointment & PUMPKIN bread! (Dinner can be left over stew, but I am leaning more towards chicken with roasted butternut squash & sugar snap peas. I guess time will tell - aka if I am sewing along & lose track of time = leftovers!)

5 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

Since one strip of 2 fabrics makes 2 blocks I made one C and one D from each set and always made the C block first to keep my sanity. Since you are not using full strips I would probably make all C blocks first, then all D blocks. At the end of designing it maybe you will need to make a couple specific combinations into a block to finish.

Vicki W said...

Well, that sucks but on the up side more sewing time!

imquilternity said...

So sorry to hear you were furloughed, but so glad you were able to enjoy your first day off sewing. Can't give any advice on assembling the blocks since that's not how I'm doing mine. Too complicated for me... I'm just assembling mine in rows.

shirley said...

I'm glad i didn't cut out all the pieces first .... i soon discovered that some had to be cut right side up and some wrong side up. good luck with your construction of them.

Mystic Quilter said...

I find I am just making one block at a time, probably takes a lot more time but leaves me a little more sane at the end of my sewing sessions!