Friday, October 25, 2013

bloggers quilt festival





The Big Star

AmysCreativeSide


I don't like to play favorites with my quilts, but this one rank's pretty high up there right now.
The pattern, "Made in Cherry" by Sarah Fielke was free on the  Lecien website. There also was a quilt-a-long. I was super happy when my jumbo quarter square triangles fit perfectly. & I am also happy that this big star has 8 points!

Admission: I rarely join quilt-a-longs (or popular quilt patterns) while they are in progress, I wait until the idea percolates in my brain for a while. Example: Swoon = pile of fabric, Scrap Vomit, spider web & Granny Square = completed well after the popularity subsided.

I had this quilt professionally quilted & so am entering it into the professionally quilted category. (I hope you can see the quilting...)

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Your quilt is outstanding and the quilting is fabulous. I love the fabrics in the star and the calming tanish fabric around it. Two thumbs up!!

Seams Sew Together said...

Beautiful quilt and love the quilting!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful quilt!

cindyquiltsOR said...

Wonderful!

CitricSugar said...

Your quilter did a wonderful job of enhancing your work!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

I like how this turned out ... your longarmer did a wonderful job with the empty spaces. A beauty!