Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Another UFO. Border next.

These are 2.5 inch squares, I have several 1/2 to 1 yard pieces from this line. (The gray on black & pink on pink I have bigger pieces. was thinking backing.)

Without using the prints that have a light background, what do you think about a scrappy (5 inch squares) border using the darker prints?

Although since it is square (closer to large lap) instead of rectangle (close to twin) maybe I should just call it done...

I am "this" close to calling this a charity quilt. (I apparently have a love/hate relationship with this fabric line.)

Do chime in.

FWIW it is roughly 60x65.

7 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

If it was mine I would add a 5" border (5 squares) to 2 ends to make it more rectangular and then bind it in a dark color.

ruthsplace said...

I like it, and I think a dark scrappy border all around it would set it off beautifully.

cindyquiltsOR said...

Well, just to be alike but different: 5" scrappy border top and bottom and 2.5" scrappy border on the sides.

Makes it a bit more oblong as well as visually heavier edges.

cityquilter grace said...

love the quilt...if i were finishing this, first i would add a 2.5" dark solid border, then more checkerboards...probably 4 patches...and then a binding to match the inner border, or at least a dark one....excited to see how it transpires whatever you choose...

Frederick Nunley said...

Several of the previous commenters ideas I like and would second. Dark boarder is a good idea. Adding a solid then a scrappy boarder would be nice to "frame" the tiny checker boards and finish it up with scrappy boarder. Looks great as it is but I can see those last details will make it a wonderful finish once you get them sorted out.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Ditto what Exuberant Color said. I do love it, there's very nice movement among those small scraps of light/dark; pretty.

Jules said...

I love it! I might have gone blind piecing that.