Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Low Volume Bento Box

I apparently failed to share this after I got the nice photo.

There are a lot of theories on "low volume" & opinions.

I like them. I like that they are quiet. I like that the lack of contrast makes you study the blocks & the quilt.

In the past similar concepts ran through the quilt world - blended quilts come to mind as does the whole Shabby Chic decorating style.

Mind you I wouldn't want to use this selection to make a Mariner's Compass quilt, but with simple piecing like this, I am game.

In the photo some of these seem a bit too dark, but that is o.k. I was happy to be able to use some otherwise less than loved pieces (I'm looking at you White on White 2.5 inch squares) & some prized pieces! I was happily able to use some random 5 inch squares, too.

This quilt is living in my car so that I can use it as a lap robe. Just like my son, only his quilt lives in the car year round & he will use it in July!

Statistics (well some of them)
I'd love to tell you the number of different prints, etc.
Smaller than a twin, but bigger than a throw (Maybe I should have measured it.)
long arm quilted with sort of squares motif (not the best choice, in places it just looks like stitch in the ditch - the quilting idea looks better on the back - which is a polka dot print.)
Pattern: Bento Box
Time to make - after I got the fabric collected, sorted, & cut - not too long.
(So why don't I do my other Bento Box quilt? Good Question. I guess because it is ready & I like having it there for a quick grab to work on.)

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I agree with you. I wouldn't use low volume on something with intricate piecing but it looks great in this type of quilt. I think the LV quilts have a nice old-fashioned look to them.

ruthsplace said...

It looks really cozy.

Angie said...

Oh I LOVE your low volume quilt---I keep drooling over everyone else's---I am just going to have to MAKE me one of those. :)

Sarah said...

I love this quilt! There's a lot going on but it doesn't bowl one over because it's lv. Great work :)