Monday, September 30, 2013

hop, skip, & jump

hop, skip, & jump by aviva_hadas (Amy)
hop, skip, & jump, a photo by aviva_hadas (Amy) on Flickr.

This one has a funny/interesting story. (In retrospect.)

I used a pattern. HA, HA, HA, on 3rd review, I could have did a stack & slash.

Did you notice that 3rd review comment, There is a second one of these waiting to be finished.

Here is where it gets really funny. That is a solid brown. (the other one has a solid white - they look the same on the back as they do on the front.)

This one I sewed right sides together. (I had some issues, hence the very skinny blue piece on the bottom. But the blocks ended up as rectangles.)

The other one - not so much. & since the strips are not straight, you can force them together - fairly easily.

This one got quilted - with some seriously coveted fabric on the back & binding. :o)

The other one sat around mocking me. Finally, I trimmed the blocks all down to square & added a solid blue to make it human size. (But I don't like the feel of the blue, if feels like it is about to turn to dust - so I need to rip it & add a better quality blue - aka another excuse at procrastination is happening right before your eyes.)

See so funny, I could cry, but there is no need to cry over a blanket.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love this pattern. I made it three times before I just started improvising.