Friday, September 13, 2013

Fractured - A start

I finished all of my A & B blocks & sewed them together.
I cut too much - by almost double.
This not my normal sewing - I had to look at the diagrams every step of the way, so I will not be using my extras to make a second quilt, or even a cushion.
Still I like the quilt & the blocks are coming together easily enough for me.
Here are a selection of my A, B, C, & D blocks.
I wanted some to be high contrast especially the ones in the middle, while others will be lower contrast.
So I have dark to medium pile & a light to medium pile - allowing some mediums to play together. I just hoping that that works out on the edge considering that I have all of my A& B blocks done - including those that will be in the edge. (I think it will be fine, as you can see by this selection, my fabric choices are fairly wild & crazy - in a good way. I like them all individually, so I should like them as a whole too.)
A "D" block
A "C" block
A "B" block
An "A" block

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, these blocks look fun. My favorite color combo is that second block but I like all of them.
Take care.

Vicki W said...

It's going to look great.

Exuberant Color said...

My second quilt will be like this, every block a different combination. Although a pair of strips makes 2 blocks so I may repeat my favorite combinations and the rest will be leftovers.

cindyquiltsOR said...

Lot of visual play between and within the blocks, I like them.

Mystic Quilter said...

Look forward to seeing more of these lovely blocks!

shirley said...

I like scrappy. it works for me. great job

Frederick Nunley said...

Strange for me, I think I like the first two lower contrasting blocks better than the high contrast. I am looking forward to seeing how they all fall together in the final project or two. Looks like fractured is a winner.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I, too, will be looking at the diagram -- when I finally get my fabrics cut and ready to stitch!