Friday, September 20, 2013

Fractured Friday

These were sewn last Sunday & Friday - so some you saw last week...

I think I have the quadrants figured out, which is good because I started out trying to place the blocks from the center out (My A/B strip is sewn together.) & just about got to the hair pulling out stage.

Without further adieu (So I can go sew some more) here is my Fractured WIP.

image
I am keeping my C & D piles separate. & trying to just keep track of the 1 position on the block.

image
Some of my lower contrast blocks are too close to the center (for me) in this photo, but I think that they are all rotated correctly. (Not positive, which is why I switched to just 1 quadrant.)

I think for now I will just focus on making blocks & worry about laying them out when all of my blocks are done.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's looking good! I really had to step back from mine when placing the blocks. It's really too easy to get the int he wrong position or turned wrong.

imquilternity said...

It's gorgeous!

Exuberant Color said...

I agree it is easier to do the layout when you have lots of blocks made. Otherwise you have to keep taking some down and inserting new ones when you make them. I think I'll put a sticker on my C blocks to keep them sorted from the D blocks.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Making them all ahead was my plan, too . . . still need to begin, but it will happen soon!

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like your colours and layout it's really looking great - and I have to agree with your comments on making this quilt and the comments here so far.
I will be posting and linking shortly - very early in the morning in NZ

Sandy said...

I love your fractured blocks! It looks pretty straightforward and I'm sure I could figure it out, but is there a post where it's explained? Thanks!

shirley said...

I'm in the same boat .... will need to move colors around. that is a scary thought. what if we mess it all up? LOL