Sunday, August 11, 2013

The fair

Last week I mentioned that I was going to enter my county fair. Today was the day that we went to see the fair. We met Carla there & had a pretty good time walking around.

She off handedly asked who could enter (If I remember correctly). Any resident of Montgomery county or one of the adjoining counties (Howard, Carroll, Frederick, Prince George's) and the District of Columbia can enter in the Home Arts division (I did not check to see if the rules were different for rabbits, etc. See mcagfair.com for more information. BTW the fair goes until August 17th.

For my most favored quilt, I got a 3rd place ribbon:
Untitled
Since I am back in like with my Taupes (still need to change the blade in my rotary cutter to get going on the next one, ahem) I entered this one & got 2nd place:
Untitled
For the fans of irony, I spent far too much time attaching hanging sleeves on those two & they ended up folded on a table.
& saving the best for last, this one got a first place ribbon & a special award:
Untitled
Three entries, three ribbons (four actually).

10 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's awesome!

Suzan said...

Congratulations, Amy!

cityquilter grace said...

excellent track record in my book....very nice...

Linda F. said...

Congratulations! Good for you to have put those sleeves on (even if they weren't used) and entered your quilts. Maybe you'll find a place to hang them in your house now! (?)

ruthsplace said...

Congratulations!

Rhonda said...

Good for you!!!

cindyquiltsOR said...

Beautiful work. Congrats on the ribbons!

hetty said...

Wow Congratulations! Beautiful quilts. Way to go, girl!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Your quilts are beautiful and the ribbons well deserved. I don't think I have the guts to enter anything of mine in a contest.

sophie said...

Congratulations! Maybe you can think of all those lovely ribbons as the reward for time spent sewing the ironic hanging sleeves?

:-)