Sunday, August 04, 2013

I chose green

I chose green by aviva_hadas (Amy)
I chose green, a photo by aviva_hadas (Amy) on Flickr.

Background: I went to a quilt show yesterday & purchased a really cool tool that helps get your seams really flat & that gave me a 25% coupon at the store.

We went to the fair today, which put us 1/2 way if not closer to the store, which happened to be open this Sunday. So I decided to see what they might have.

Not a whole lot that spoke to me in general. (They had the green version, but I would have liked to orange, or I did not care for it at all kind of scenario.)

But they did have some solids (mixed in - which was not my preferred way to shop for them) & after looking at these Briar Rose fat quarters with an orange, a yellow, & a blue, I chose this green. It is by Timeless Treasures, I did not catch the name, but it is grassy & it was 25% off.

For what it is worth, I liked them with the Periwinkle, but in the photo that was not "true."

Now to cut more squares that I care to think about. (The pattern is linked in the post with the Kona Banana as the background.)

4 comments:

cindyquiltsOR said...

I didn't know I would like the green but it looks great together.

Vicki W said...

Oh yes, I like that!

Rhonda said...

Great choice.....my favorite color...... ;-]

Teresa said...

The green looks great...good choice.