Saturday, August 03, 2013

Advice needed...

I want to do a Sparkle Punch quilt. The fat quarters are my main prints  for the stars (I will be adding some more go withs.) & below are a couple photographs where I am auditioning a background print - Kona Banana.

Yes or no for the background, it's lona banana with Briar Rose by Heather Ross.

Here is the yellow print on the banana.

Here is the yellow toned clover on the banana.

Sorry about the lighting, the background fabric is the same. (I'm wondering if I need a brighter yellow or a different color all together - Maybe that BLUE that is in two of the "calico" prints, not the water blue.)

4 comments:

Teresa said...

So hard to tell colors on a blog. With that said it looks to me that the yellow does not show off the pretty fabrics as well as something darker would...made a darker goldish yellow. Love your fabrics!

Exuberant Color said...

I agree with Teresa that the yellow does not show off the pretty prints well enough. My first thought was a lavender.

Vicki W said...

Ditto. I like the idea od a sky blue. But I'm not familiar with the pattern so can't be sure.

Rhonda said...

I think it need a different background as everyone has stated. Sky blue or a shade of green would work!!