Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Strings - small strips

What do you do with strings or small strips? To say I over cut for my blue/green/aqua spider web quilt would be an understatement. (I do plan on doing a super scrappy spider web in the not to distant future.) At this point for the super scrappy spider web, it would be half blue/green/aqua - not the look that I have in my mind, so I am soliciting other ideas for how to use them.

Now it's your turn. Go ahead, tell me how you would use a very nicely sized pile of 5 x 1.5 to 2 inch strips.

Yes, this does mean that I finished piecing my spider web triangles today.

4 comments:

julieQ said...

OH, no mystery about that...I would make a stacked coin quilt! Out of all the string quilts I have made, I have not made that one yet!

Paula, the quilter said...

I am actually working with strings right now. Visit my blog post of a couple do days? ago to see how I use them.

ruthsplace said...

I have some 1 inch strips that I'm planning on turning into a braided quilt ... one day when I have that illusive thing called time.

cityquilter grace said...

texas braid (bonnie hunter pattern) or shenandoah log cabin (judy martin pattern)...either one super easy with a wow factor