Saturday, April 06, 2013

This is where she goes overboard cutting more scraps for the spider web.

I made 98 triangles & cherry picked my favorite scraps.
Then I did the math to see how many triangles I need. I need 208 triangles including 16 with only 1/2 pieced for the border - where I want 4 finished pieced webs. So I need to piece 110 more triangles. I average 10 scraps per triangles...
Luckily when I fist started to piece triangles I thought that I had too many scraps prepared. So I do have a lot, but...

I'm kind of justifying adding in the Shelbourne Falls - it's green & the Chicopee green are similar & Chicopee is already in there. & I think the other prints in this picture are only in there once, where I have other prints in there 4 & 5 times...

I'm from the old school of scrap quilting, where everyone needs a friend so that so one becomes the center of attention.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

LOL, your scrappy quilt story is too funny. All that cutting & figuring!!

Kay said...

This is going to be a very cool looking quilt! If you use enough different things, it all works. That's my story...