Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Quilt

Spring Quilt by aviva_hadas (Amy)
Spring Quilt, a photo by aviva_hadas (Amy) on Flickr.

Yes, we did have snow last night.
Yes, you have seen this photo before, If' you've been around these parts since 2008.

I purchased a kit, so this quilt looks like the one in the book (sorry don't recall which Kaffe Fassett book.) If I had not purchased the kit & did this on my own with these fabrics, I would have had more orange moon dot - less green & the center big block would have been the pink geranium print...

Once upon a time ago, I wanted to make a quilt for each season. This is Spring.

Winter is on my wall now - blue snowy cat print with scrappy browns.

The summer quilt that I made I ended up donating.

My fall quilt is a very long simmering UFO...

I'm posting this because yesterday was the first day of Spring not that the weather is especially spring like...

4 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I have that same thought, seasonal quilts. but right now just a thought. and we had snow as well. soooo over it. please let it be spring!

Rhonda said...

Love the quilt...very springy.

ruthsplace said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm really enjoying the snow in Nebraska at the moment. I'm hoping there will still be some around when I get to DC.

ruthsplace said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm really enjoying the snow in Nebraska at the moment. I'm hoping there will still be some around when I get to DC.