Sunday, March 03, 2013

Rhapsody

Rhapsody by aviva_hadas (Amy)
Rhapsody, a photo by aviva_hadas (Amy) on Flickr.

This one wasn't feeling too good. For several days she barely left my linen closet A L L D A Y long. Being in the linen closet is not 100% unusualy, but not leaving to eat or to great Momma, that was odd.

On Friday, when I got home, I removed her from her roost, she went to the box & the noise was unmistakable - she was in pain. (She has a history of urinary crystals & has been on an Rx diet for that for a very long time - colose to if not 10 years.)

Also for 2 nights, she did nto sleep with her Momma & was not her usually super chatty self.

I forgot my cell phone at work, we don't have a land line, so I e-mailed my husband & somehow we got in to see the vet about 1 hour after the first e-mail.

After a sick-visit exam, x-rays, overnight stay, urinalysis, & blood tests, she has a upper UTI (kidneys involved). So she got the antibiotic shots. (There is no pilling this one, she knows how to use her paws!) Actually I won't hear about the results of the blood work until tomorrow...

All that to say, yesterday she was back to her old self. Helping Momma at the sewing machine, sleeping with Momma, & chatting up a storm!

4 comments:

hetty said...

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about that. Glad she is feeling better. Mimi sends her love. Purr!

Cathi said...

I'm so glad you were able to get her to the vet so quickly and that she's feeling better and helping you!

McIrish Annie said...

Hope she is back to her old self for good scary stuff
.

Sarah said...

Poor kitty! I'm so glad this story has a happy ending.