Friday, January 25, 2013

what would you do? Or how would you do this?

I just purchase 7 yards of muslin, so I can either cut WOF or LOF. Which would you do & why?

If you don't recall, my pieced back needs to be bigger to fit its top & I decided that a muslin "border" would do the job perfectly.

Black on black squares print chosen for the binding & it will probably be quilted using a stipple. For those of you who might want to know.

I right now don't have a preference because I have a use for 6 inch squares & 2.5 x 10.5 strips & 1.5 x 10.5 strips - I can get those units out of the left overs either way the fabric is cut.

Heck, I even have a use for 1.5 inch squares of white!

2 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

I would always cut length of fabric for borders if I have a choice. It is more stable, no stretch and keeps the quilt square. No rippling border when you are done.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Length on fabric. The sides could ripple even with the most careful of quilting. I am sure that not all of your edge squares are made from the length of the fabric so a stable backing is imperative.