Monday, January 28, 2013

Question...

Untitled by aviva_hadas (Amy)
Untitled, a photo by aviva_hadas (Amy) on Flickr.

Twenty 16 inch blocks (4x5 layout) = roughly 64x80 (+ 4-ish inches to finish the double squares) - big enough?

I had planned on a flying geese border, but right now, I am needing to trim some of those squares (I was going to use the Eleanor Burns method for making flying geese) to go around the other 8 flying geese in a circle & honestly, the flying geese are looking like a lot of work for a quilt that will already be "big enough."

I am wholeheartedly soliciting opinions on this one regarding the flying geese border.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Amy. I am thinking that the flying geese border would be too much. I like it without the border!!

ruthsplace said...

Can you make the inner blocks first and then decide? A flying geese border may make it a bit busy...

McIrish Annie said...

That is big and beautiful. I would go with a simple border. I agree the FG border may be overkill. LOve the fabrics.