Thursday, March 29, 2012
The website timed out while I was trying to check out - so it was all for naught & no fabric package will be on its way to me anytime soon. :o(
Which is actually o.k., because there should be one from Amazon arriving any day now.
If you can't read it:
1. I went to an online purveyor of fabric because I saw 1 print that I wanted BADLY!
2. To make the shipping worthwhile, I shopped for a few other things that I had been thinking about & can use.
3. Then I felt guilty & decided to wait a while to see if the shopping rish subsided. (It didn't.)
4. I go to make the purchase & my 1 print has since sold out.
5. Should I buy the other prints?
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
In that actual top, there are a lot more blocks (20 or 30) so it is big enough without the border.
This will be for a baby boy due in July. My husband's friend from high school is expecting her first - at 42!
Monday, March 26, 2012
This Baltimore Album Quilt reminded me of my own quilting style.
If 12 blocks is enough, then lets make 30!
Meanwhile I love the huge center block, the rectangles around it & the corner blocks - while in the back of my mind I hear the quilt muse screaming - too many blocks!
My MIL said that the quilt on my wall is the biggest quilt that she has ever seen. It's 100 x 120.
Friday, March 23, 2012
Mostly because my husband made a crack about me still "milking" the quilt show - here is another quilt that I seriously studied & discussed with my girlfriend.
Beyond the obvious applique & hand quilting skill on display in this quilt, the limited pallette deserves a long pause & contemplation.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
It is that time of year - a good two weeks too early just to give you an idea of how warm our wither was this year.
This year we will not go to the tidal basin until just after peak bloom - aka this Saturday assuming the weather is nice.