Thursday, November 22, 2012

The turkey is done (& has rested & has been broken down).

The turkey is done. by aviva_hadas
The turkey is done., a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

I'm a baster. Are you?

The pan drippings (We are not gravy people.) and a good portion of those bones are already simmering to make stock.

(I serve plates of food, so the bird does not have to be carved at the table.)

Since it is only the three of us this year, the breasts are already in the fridge waiting to become sandwiches!

In addition to the turkey, we have homemade cranberry sauce, homemade stuffing, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, mixed sweet, white, & purple potatoes & a baby pumpkin pie. (If you buy the baby instead of the grandma pie then you don't fell obligated to eat it all.)

Jacob is reading as I type - he just asked, "Do we have a purple pumpkin pie?"

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US.

I hope that everyone has something to be thankful for even if you are not celebrating the holiday.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Mom, mu cousin & I had a great Thanksgiving with turkey, dressing, pies, cakes & a lot of other foods.
I am thankful for my family, friends & my bible study classes!