Wednesday, October 17, 2012

work with me a minute here...

DSCF8051 by aviva_hadas
DSCF8051, a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

Assuming that all of these were just 2.5 inch squares (& a rainbow rather than neutral - the question is based on value) would you sort & piece them thusly?

I love the novelties here & there & the fact that they are of higher contrast that the prints that surround them, makes them pop...

But I keep thinking that the sorting would be agonizing. Taken from the lady who's only goal was to sort her scraps into 4 piles, cats, novelties, oldies & newbies.

Pickled radishes - fail. & I eat my salads with just vinegar & oil... I think maybe the honey gave an odd flavor profile & maybe I should have used the rice wine vinegar or even apple cider vinegar - without even thinking about the lack of salt in my brine...

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I like the idea and the sorting out the fabrics to make your concept work. Go for it, I say!! ;-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Make your blocks as you please ... you can control some of the "flow" when you arrange them at layout time (or not, depending on how you feel that day). I personally prefer scrappy all over (controlled to a certain extent).