Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Why yes, I am still quilting, why do you ask?

"Small World" by aviva_hadas
"Small World", a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

"Small World"
Pattern in Transparency Quilts by Ringle & Kerr.

They used a mix of prints - showing you more or less how to mix modern prints with civil war reproductions with batiks. Mine is all Japanese Taupes. I kept the title because if the world were truely small, then I would be able to go to Japan...

The pttern used differently sized pieces - I already had 5 inch squares (Does that suprise anyone?) so I used them. Also the authors used long skinny strips - I chopped mine down to 5 inch widths - far easier to handle IMHO.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love it!

Suzan said...

I like this one!! Very pretty.

hetty said...

I guess you were gone for a while. I kept going to your blog and being depressed over the 'museum toys'. This I like much better! In fact, I love it!

McIrish Annie said...

Very nice! and nice to see you quilting. I am also quilting just not showing it.

Turned a top you gave me into a quilt this summer. will send you a pic.

sending it to a girls' foster home in my town. tweens and teens there. someone will love it.

hope the kitten is well and growing!

ruthsplace said...

It's lovely!

dee said...

a lovely blend of old and new. The design is very nice as well.
Hope to get back to quilting soon-the building & furnishing is all consuming for the moment.