Tuesday, January 17, 2012

kitties in a tree fabrics

kitties in a tree fabrics by aviva_hadas
kitties in a tree fabrics, a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

1. Yes, this picture is old as heck & has been on the blog once or twice before.
2. I have added more browns (I may have removed some as well.)
3. The browns have been cut into strips - randowm widths.
4. I am sewing those strips together - randomly into "strata."
(I sewed strips together last weekend - hence the post.)
5. Once the strata are wide enough (I need to look at the pattern again.) I will use them to border the kitty print.
6. This is my "winter" quilt - that is a snow scene...
7. The pattern - "Marquee" by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr in their book, The Modern Quilt Workshop. (I am more or less following the pattern - I don't really recall right now.)

3 comments:

dee said...

Love those rich browns and the kitty fabric is darling. Glad you got your mojo back now could you help me look for mine?

Rhonda said...

Those are my kind of colors.... love them!!!

Betty said...

Love your "kitties in trees" fabric!
Betty