Tuesday, January 03, 2012

In a color...

Kona-peacock by aviva_hadas
Kona-peacock, a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

This might explain a lot. I am feeling rather blue, unmotivated, etc.
Unlike my little boy cat who was having an allergy flare-up & was also blue not just fur color - he would crawl into the linen closet & stay there all day. No Meowing for his supper...
He got a shot yesterday & poof almost like magic is close to his ole self. (He did not lost any weight - he must have been siphoning off more from my girl than I realized. He is still 7 lbs.)
This is the first day back to reality for my family. My husband & son were off the last week in December & my son & I were off yesterday. I wish I could report on all of the festivites that ensued, but some one is afraid of big toilets & someone else is afraid of accidents - so we were fairly homebound - though not very adventurous at home.
We did go to the Air & Space museum in DC - but I accidentally deleted all of the photos in my camera.
I am not in the mood to reflect on 2011.
With that said, in 2012, I want to get at least 1 of my CW repro UFO's to the "Top" stage. In that vein, I cut a lot of squares for a checkerboard quilt.
I signed up for some obligation sewing & worked on that, while trying once again to use Bonnie's method of "Leaders/Enders" - I have a few blocks for "ME" done & a miniscule amout of motivation associated with that L/E addition to the obligation sewing.
I am excited about our trip to Alaska in June, but I have a lot of that figured out (not to be confused with planned out) so now I am just to the "How long do we have to wait until out vacation?" stage...
I would like to lose weight, but I am at a loss on the how...
I hope that my color cahanges soon...

5 comments:

Aliene said...

Cheer up and think Pink. That seems to be my color. You will get it together. Happy quilting.

Rhonda said...

Fondling fabric and leafing through quilting magazines for ideas will cheer you up, at least it does me. Purchasing "one" yard of a fabric that you see and would not normally buy but you really want to just because.... can be uplifting, too. Hope this helps, my friend!!!

Jeanne said...

Sending a hug ~
Jeanne

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

uh-oh... I found myself binding something in Red and it set me on fire for the new year... :)
Just cuddle your family close and wait for it to pass.... Jan 1 is just a date - new beginnings start when your ready ...

make something small... either finish it or throw it away when your "done"

cityquilter said...

we all have our blue days amy; this too shall pass; sometimes it is tough when we feel like wallowing...hope it changes soon...