Friday, January 20, 2012

Blogger is finally letting me play again. (or I finally took a minute or two to figure out why it wasn't letting me play to begin with.)

Neither here nor there...

I managed to not bring (as opposed to forgot) my camera on yet another outing - this time to Ft. McHenry on MLK day - it was FREEZING cold, so the camera probably would have stayed in my coat anyway. We mostly went to get a National Parks passport. Weird? Well I figure that we make a point to get our real passports stamped - even if it is not required, so we might as well get them for the parks too.

I spent last night taking the paper off of several paper pieced projects - I am not a paper piecer, but I can't get that through my thick skull. I will begrudgingly trudge through a couple more blocks - 7 does not a quilt make...

I am signed for for another swap - no I will never learn.
I am also in a round robin - see the previous comment.

We are eating through the freezer - interesting theory, huh? You don't just shove stuff up there to have on hand... :o) Meat sauce last night, pea soup last weekend, baklava last wekeend, brisket tonight... Maybe we will eventually have room for a birthday ice cream cake? I doubt it.
Speaking of my birthday, I got selected for Jury Duty on my birthday.

I am 99% prepared for our next vacation - Alaska in June!

What are you up to?

5 comments:

Rian said...

We have been thinking about Alaska in June also. Who are you going with? I recognized you on Cruise Critic and sent you a couple messages for fun. So if you see them and wonder, it was me.

Vicki W said...

Alaska! Awesome!

Suzan said...

Because I have such an interesting and exciting life, last night I organized the freezer and put all the meat on one shelf and all the vegetables on another. We are expecting snow this evening so the weekend will be spent entirely in my studio. I have a weekender bag to make for a sale, one to make for a gift and there is a new quilt pattern that is calling my name. I would love to go to Alaska one day but will settle for Seattle (my favorite place EVER!) this summer...and if my children really love me, I will celebrate my 60th birthday in Hawaii.

McIrish Annie said...

Sounds like a great trip! The nice thing about eating out the freezer is u dont have to cook which leaves u time for the swap and round robin Lol

cityquilter said...

sewing orca bay, job hunting, basking in march-like weather! our freezer? chicken, more chicken, pizza, froz blueberries, lean cuisines, froz veggies....sadly no brisket