Current Project preview
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas
Orange & Aqua with an emphasis on Heather Ross gold fish prints.
This top has been sent to be long arm quilted. I was going to hand quilt it & got a pretty good start, but time did not stand still long enough & I had a serious pucker on the back, etc.
Soon after I finished piecing this quilt I chose the borders with a little help from my sew-n-tell friends - based on what was available. I have no idea why it took so long to add them to the top. Heck it took a week or two after I finally cut them to add them to top.
I was a little quicker with piecing the back. The single fabric that I thought I was going to use was not long enough, so I added two other 1 yard pieces. Luckily they are all Alexander Henry Judaica prints & the go well with each other. (Also I had no Earthly idea how else I would use them so it felt good to use them here.)
Unfortunately my Plan A binding did not go well with this border, but I found a substitute in my Judaica bin. (One of those prints that I only purchased to support the industries decision to make them in the first place - aka not a print that I really liked very much.)
This quilt has been mailed of to be long armed - probably just a stipple, but I give a lot of leeway to the long armer.
I sewed these blocks yesterday! I actually sewed all of the blocks for the quilt yesterday. Then my house came to life, my son woke up with a fever, we went to an after hours care center, we got an inhaler for his wheeze/cough & an antibiotic for his ear infection... So I have not been able to attach the Kona Mocha sashing. (Though it is cut out & ready.)
There are more greens in the quilt, the Martian print is the only reads are red print. (You can see bits on red on some of those reads as green prints.) I think this photo represents all of the block variations. I am right now loving that I stuck with the leave some blocks green theory instead of trying to use that red in each one. I think the ratio may end up being close to 3/4 with red, I'd be happy with 2/3 red. But I won't be unstitching any to make either of those numbers happen!