Friday, October 07, 2011

Softly Spoken

Softly Spoken by aviva_hadas
Softly Spoken, a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

This quilt top has been finished for some time now, but it is to big to be photographed indoors & we have been quite wet (or just too busy) for some time now as well. I think this turned out just about exactly how I pictured it! I was inspired to do a light/ low contrast quilt by the works of a couple quilters in blogland & on flickr. The pattern that I used is called Plain Spoken & can be found in the book, Modern Quilt Workshop which was written by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr. Their quilts in the book used only solids.

8 comments:

Libby said...

Love quilts that are made just the way you want - sometimes 'contrast' is overrated *s* It's just gorgeous!

Vicki W said...

I like this a lot!

Jody of Because I'm Me said...

Beautiful!

Rhonda said...

Love it!

Andi said...

Wow, that is a fantastic quilt. It radiates squishy comfort.

*karendianne. said...

What a hit! I love it.

Sarah said...

Wow that turned out beautifully!

dee said...

I like it Amy. It's peaceful and lovely looking