Monday, September 19, 2011

PLEASE CHIME IN!

DSCF5188 by aviva_hadas
DSCF5188, a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

What new car would you buy if you were buying right now for a family of 3. (One of whom is over 6 ft., another has strollers & stuff)

Also if you have a Suburu Forester, Do you like it? Would you buy it again? Should I try to wait until the 2012 models are available? Do you think there will be aby price reductions on the 2011 models when the 2012's arrive?

(Pure conjecture on the last two questions, the clutch is slipping on my current car & we just got a new catalytic covnerter - so she is becoming a nickle slot - just keep dropping them in.)

About the quilt, it hung at the State Fair. I like the pine burr pattern, but I probably would have quit after 1 block. - It certainly looks like she gave up after 4, right? A couple years ago, Fon & Porter had this as a pre-cut kit in this coloration. I saw it is kaffe Fassett/Modern colors at a local show & loved it... But alas, I'll never persevere through the number of blocks required to make a bed quilt.

8 comments:

Lesly said...

I love the pine burr, too. The blocks are big, though, right? So maybe you wouldn't have to make so many. I am tempted.

*karendianne. said...

Sounds like the Subaru Forester is roomy and likely perfect for what you need. 2011 Subaru Forester is a top pick in the highly competitive small SUV segment.
I'd be interested in the 2012 models. Subaru's last that's for sure.

Saska said...

One DIL drives a Chrysler Mini-Van and the other drives a Chevy SUV that they don't make anymore.

I drive a Malibu---but it would be a killer getting the stroller in and out of the tiny trunk (the 6' legs would fit tho.)

Rian said...

Another popular SUV is the Honda CR-V. I have a Toyota Sequoia and I absolutely love it, but it's a gas hog. Take a look at the Toyota Highlander. Right now the pressure is on to buy American, but I think Toyota is made here.

Suzan said...

I truly love my Kia Sportage...and it has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Gail said...

Amy, I drive a 2010 Forester, and I am very pleased with it. My husband is over 6ft and is comfortable in it, my sons are also over 6 ft and hint that I should give it to them. Since dh is disabled, I have to load his walker (the kind with a seat) into the back, and that works well, so a stroller shouldn't be a problem.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love that Pine Burr, I made a Double Wedding Ring about that size, that was enough for me; and, I got it out of my system.

Sarah said...

The CR-v might be too little for your tall guy. I just got an Outback and love it. Every Subaru owner I asked is crazy about their car. I vote Forester.