Monday, August 29, 2011

top in progress

DSCF5141 by aviva_hadas
DSCF5141, a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

Well I finished this top & then realized that it is too long. Seriously.
So I removed 4 rows & while it wasn't "too narrow" it could "take" an extra column or two - so I took apart the rows & am in the process of turning them into columns.
I had pieced the back previously, so I knew how much real estate I had to work with. (roughly 108 x 120 - minus some space for the long armer.)
This is pretty much the look that I was going for - light.

(Oh & for the record, the photo depicts 2 sections out of 8 - each section composed of 4 rows, each of which is composed of 16 columns.)

The piecing is random, the pattern is by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr of Funquilts & is in their book, The Modern Quilt Workshop. I would never hesitate to suggest adding that one to your quilt book library.

1 comment:

Stevens Family said...

I love your quilt! And your little boy is so cute! I always get so frustrated when my boys run across my quilts, but then I have to remind myself they are on the floor where they run. Have fun un-picking and re-sewing (my least favorite part)