Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Meat Sauce, It's What's for dinner.

2 lb. ground meat (I use turkey)
2 large onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes (I use Muir Glen)
16 oz. can tomato sauce (I use Muir Glen)
2 Tbsp. mixed italian spices
salt & pepper to taste. (I don't add any, I add crushed pepper flakes at the table to my own)

brown meat & onions, add garlic once the meat is no longer pink & the onions are soft. Add the tomatoes & spices, stir & simmer on low heat. (Until heated through or as long as you wish) serve over your favorite pasta. Freeze the leftovers.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Yum!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

That looks great!! Have you ever tried red jalapeno peppers too? If you chop them up into very small pieces (and make sure to throw away every seed) then it adds a nice touch, not very hot at all.

*karendianne. said...

Oh friend, looks really really yummy!!!