Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Cat bathing - not for the weak...

IMAG0018.jpg by aviva_hadas
IMAG0018.jpg, a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

When he slipped, he got me real good. (I have a bandage on my wrist as a testament) On Thursday, I will wait for my husband to get home first. - 4 hands are better than two (Especially when one of those is manning the camera - yes, I am an idiot.)
The Rx shampoo has an ingredient that is supposed to help with his "scabs" - he has allergies & the "hives" on a cat are like scabs, that flake off - with the fur, so he is generally far from pretty.

(For the first month, we have to bathe him twice a week. You have ot let the shampoo set for 5 to 10 minutes...)

After I dried him off, he still came over to cuddle with me under my quilt...
(Does that mean I am forgiven?)

FYI If Thursday does not go so well, the vet will do the shampoo job for about $21... (That might end up being the best $21 spent...)

6 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Bravery prevails.

Cathi said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm amazed you were even able to get a picture!

Vicki W said...

No, it means that he's trying to get close enough to scratch your eyes out when you are not alert!

Suzan said...

We used to have to bathe our old mama cat. She was a little thing but when it came time to put her in the tub (we always wore long sleeves!), her legs could stretch from one side of the bathtub to the other. It was amazing! It was never pretty but we always knew she felt better after the "anti-itch bath" because she would curl up and go to sleep as soon as she was dry.

Rhonda said...

Amy, I'm sorry but your kitty story made me laugh out loud.... alot!
Thanks for making my day.

sewprimitive karen said...

It is usually pure h**l washing a cat.