Friday, July 08, 2011

FABRIC

FABRIC by aviva_hadas
FABRIC, a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.


So we went to NY for the 4th of July holiday. (the wireless that I could access when from o.k. to no reception in no time flat, so I am just now catching up on blogging & flickring.)

This is the fabric that I got in NYC - the 2 New York centric fat quarters from City Quilter, the rest from Purl Soho! Yes, I am apparently a fan of dots... The ones on the bottom of the stack are KEI Honeycomb dots (I think I left a few of the KEI Honeycomb bolts uncut - they are pricey add a bit of NYC to that price...), & I almost let out an audible squeal when I saw them. The ones on the top were widely available not too long ago, but I only saw a few on equilter & a few here & there, so I was happy to add to what I already had. Quite the opposite of the KEI Honeycomb dots, those circes were very reasonably priced, especially for NYC. I even said so to the cutter & she was suprised - she usually hears the opposite. Which makes sense because they carry a lot of Liberty Lawn & that goes for about $34 a yard. (I have cut into most of it & I have sewn most of what I cut.)

8 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Whoa! Killer kewl fabric!!!

cityquilter said...

nice stack amy! always good to travel i say....

Rhonda said...

And what do you have in mind for a quilt or two there, I wonder..... I know something is brewing..... TELL!!!

Vicki W said...

I love those NYC fabrics!

Rian said...

Awesome! I do loves me some dots...

McIrish Annie said...

love the dots! don't you love when you find fabric that makes you squeal!???

Andi said...

Have you seen the new Alexander Henry cats and mice? I'll get a picture up soon, just got back from a shop hop!

capitolaquilter said...

The NYC map fabric on the bottom right would be so fun to use as a border or back in a NYC version of the tokyo subway map pattern by Elizabeth Hartman http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2011/01/tokyo-subway-map-quilt-is-finished.html