Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The binding.

The binding. by aviva_hadas
The binding., a photo by aviva_hadas on Flickr.

Another recent finish. This one got pieced into a top very quickly. I even made 2 doll quilts using the scraps. I had to piece it quickly, I chose a pattern where placement was everything. It got based fairly soon after being pieced. I then started to hand quilt. Once I got to where I could not scrunch & quilt - I quilt working on hand quilting it.

I think this was my first quilt that used all of a line of fabric without adding any other fabrics (well I did use Kona Snow for the centers & the back is a fabric by a different designer).

When I had a box of tops ready to send to my long armer, I shoved this in too. I decided that I'd rather have it done that waiting for me to hand quilt it. (& I was pleased as punch that after all of that I still had the binding fabric where I could find it.)

No comments: