Thursday, November 04, 2010

Yeah I know, same picture as yesterday


DSCF1247
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

(I forgot to put the updated one on the computer.) Anyway the story is continuing.

1. When you get a $5 gift certificate to an online quilt shop, how much do you spend?

2. I cut some of my greens! YAHOO! (& I actually think I know how many of each I need.)

3. I baked this cake:
I might call it
"Another Apple Cake"
4 eggs
250 sugar (1 3/4 cups)
1 cup oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 packet baking powder (about 1 tablespoon)
1 tsp cinnamon
3 apples, cubed
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Baking Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
cube apples and place in the bottom of pan
Mix eggs and sugar in a mixer (if possible) for 15 minutes, or however much time you have, and then add oil slowly
(I don't know if this is 100% necessary, but I let mine beat while I made pizza for dinner.)
Add rest of ingredients and mix
Pour batter over apples and bake for roughly 45 minutes, just watch the cake so that it doesn't burn!
The top should be lightly brown and cracked, and the apples will remain at the bottom of the cake.

*I messed up some where, at the end of 45 minutes the cake looked nice, but when I was taking it out of the oven to cool, it felt "wet." So I stuck in my cake tester & it was NOT cooked. By this time the oven was off & fairly cool, so I stuck it back in heated it to 350 & then cooked it for 30 minutes. (I haven't tasted it yet, but it looks o.k. & the tester came out clean the second time.)

So cake is on tonight's menu - with leftover pizza...

4. More greens to cut tonight. :o)

5. Yesterday, I started to sew my hexagons together. not the quickest process going. But I found out that I need to baste some of my 1 ofs, because I am trying to keep things spread out. As I type that, I realize that even if I stitch up all of the basted hexies now, by the time I start to stitch flowers to each other, they can still spread out... But it was nice to cut some green hexie charms while I cut the greens for the Mix Tape quilt. & It was nice to think about my charm pack additions - lots of 1 ofs there.

No comments: