Thursday, November 18, 2010

O.k.

I have to admit...

After everyone (who left a comment) told me that Muslin would indeed be too cheap, I started to think about what I have in the stash that I could use instead...

I have a piece that looks like a book binder print that is creamy - like a white cat or a Westie... (See there I was fair to the dogs. Also my dad's daschund just had puppies.)

& then I thought about actual Diawabo Taupes. Not the woven ones that sell for up to $20 a yard, but the normal ones that sell for $13 a yard. & then I thought about that niche seller who sells though a paper newsletter. (Yes, I am serious.) He had some for eleven something a yard...

After searching for the paper newsletter as .pdf on the internet & then asking my husband to find it for me, I e-mailed him to see if he had any left. (Paper newsletters do not count down how many yards, if any, are left.)

I was in luck he had some in each of the 3 color ways. With a big enough swath (I figure 9 yards of the cutting it close side) for me to buy in 1 color.

I bought the rest of the bolt, which ended up being 11 yards & 7 inches. AKA more than enough.

So now the who quilt will be 100% Daiwabo Taupe. (& for those of you doing or not doing the math out there - It will officially be "The World's Most Expensive Quilt.")

Now to start piecing, right?

FYI, the print that I bought is like (if not) one of those star prints below.
quilt blocks
The seller called it gray - I didn't care. I figured that any one of them would have worked just fine.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's going to be spectacular!

Rhonda said...

Those are my type of colors.....love all of them...can you hear me, girlfriend.....LOVE all of them....hehehehehehe

Lesly said...

Expensive but so excellent - I love those Daiwabo taupes!

Exuberant Color said...

I think you will be so much happier that you don't have to hide the back when you finish it, LOL!

Heartsdesire said...

I think you made a wise choice. When you put so much time and effort into the front of the quilt, the back should also reflect that. And this is going to be one fabulous quilt when finished.