Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blogtoberfest October 28


Bento box fabric
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Damn my memory is for crap.
1. Jackie at Canton Village Quiltworks has a great prince on Kona Solids & She has that accucut machine, so your yardage can come to you in strips...
2. I want Mocha for my Martian quilt & snow (for several things), but when she had a sale they were not to be had...
3. Jackie lets me know that Mocha & Snow are back in stock! YIPPEE! I know why I want Mocha & @ how much, but for the life of me, I can't remember why I want the snow. Let alone how much...
4. Out of nowhere I remember that I want the snow for my Bento Box quilt. But how much, no idea. I do recall that this is my inspiration:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11712869@N00/1367478520/ (She used blue & green prints from Denyse Schmidt's Katie Jump Rope line of fabric.) I like it so much that I asked if I could copy her! Unfortunately I only have fat quarters & she had to have used half if not whole yards.
5. So I pulled some other fat quarters to go with - including some of the browns from the Katie Jump Rope line. I knew that I added the 2D zoo as well (I searched high & Low for a big piece of that, because I want more of that that the others in the quilt since it bridges the three other colors so nicely.) I even remembered the navy with white dots...
6. I completely forgot about adding the Flea Market Fancy prints... (Nice suprise.)
7. I have no idea where my pattern is, but I have the block figured out... (Just not the yardage needed for the snow.)
8. I spent a god hour last night figuring that out...

3 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

These are so pretty!

*karendianne. said...

So that god hour figuring out the block and all... it helped, eh?

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Wow! You are probably just like 99.9 percent of all quilters-our minds eye moves so fast with projects we've forgotten the older ones, before we've started them.