Monday, October 25, 2010

Blogtoberfest October 25


DSCF1125
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

So my family had its first Chuck E. Cheese experience yesterday & lived to tell. My almost 2 year old was invited to a 4 year olds birthday party - there were 8 parties going on simlutaneously in addition to what I assumed to be random, "Let's go to C.E.C. for dinner" groups.

So much to do, yet so little for a toddler. (I completely missed the official toddler zone until I was editing my photographs.) Anyway, my son likes to ride the horses in our yard & the rocking horse in our living room. So I plopped himm on the merry-go-round. He liked it. (He also loved the cup of coins.) But I did not have my camera, so we went back through the crowd & chilled for a minute. He drank his first "fruit punch." I have no idea how much dye & sugar is in that beverage with fruit in its name, but I doubt any in ints content... (I wrongly assumed juice boxes would be provided...)

I then take him to the big race horse - he is freaked out by the prospect, so I bring him back to the merry-go-round for a photo op - still freaked out. Luckily we hear that the pizza is being served. So we go back to eat. He ate almost 3 slices & then a bit of cake. YUMMY. All of the mouse, etc. antics were beyond his understanding - so maybe we can avoid this place in the future?

While the 8 birthday children are taking turns doing the birthday kid stuff & after lunch, I took Jacob back to the merry-go-round - just in case. As you can tell from this photograph he loved it once again! So much so he did not want to leave.

5 comments:

hetty said...

Oh, what fun! Great smile! Thanks for sharing. I needed that to put a smile on my face too.

Vicki W said...

CEC? I went there once for a nephew's birthday party and I still feel traumatized. That was 15 years ago!

Rhonda said...

What a great photo.....I really don't know how you stood all that excitement and screaming laughter from the surrounding areas....LOL

McIrish Annie said...

Ahhh chucky cheese. I remember it well and never would go back!LOL! it's definitely a part of the growing up birthday experience. Looks like the horsey was a big hit.

sophie said...

Until I got to the happy ending, I was thinking that maybe Jacob wouldn't want to go back ... which I was selfishly thinking would be good news for you ;-)

He looked like he was having so much fun on that big horsey, I'm wondering if a real pony ride be is in his future?