Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TATW from the Roadside sale


DSCF0617
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Once upon a time ago (just after I learned about value & variety of prints) Made a green & purple - aka grape themed - trip around with world where the squares were cut at about 6 inches, the quilt is generous lap sized - it is square & not long enough for twin. My quilt was made 1 square at a time...
I then made a wall sized TATW using the 1 square at a time technique - more squares, but they are smaller.
& Then I took a class & learned a strip pieced technique & made a queen sized (still square) quilt.
So I think that TATW is out of my system, but I still like to look at them & occasionally think of a color combination/fabric selections to make another one... (Maybe after all of my UFO's are done.)

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love to see quilts hanging outside, it looks so 'country'! I like the colors in this TATW.

Lori said...

You made 3 of them?! I love TATW quilts!! Ive made 2!! Love the one you have hanging.