Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Because 1 block is sometimes ENOUGH!


DSCF0367
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

This is a common BAQ block. I have also seen a quilt or 2 that used this block over & over - VERY Effectively. One of my sew-n-tell buddies is doing this as a charm quilt - She was in a group that traded red & green charms for a year.

On another subject entirely:

This is why I distrust High Fructose Corn Syrup & Changing the name to Corn Sugar will not change my mind.
http://cheeseaisle.blogspot.com/2010/09/corn-beef.html
Sneaky science...

Meanwhile - I will still eat Pecan Pie - even though it is loaded with cory syrup! (Seriously, I expect HFCS to be in sweet stuff, but it is in ketchup, salad dressing & other savory stuff. You wanna know why? For the same reaon that you start a baby on veggies not fruit. Humans LOVE sugar.)

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Thanks for the info Amy....OMG....eating is becoming a mine field!
Take care.

floribunda... aka Julie said...

Thanks for the link to the cheese-aisle blog -- I hadn't seen that one before, and it's quite interesting & entertaining!

Quiltstory said...

Great block! And I do love sugar.