Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas
If you have been reading here, you know that I want to make a checkerboard quilt using my CW reproduction & shirtings. I have roughly 75 or each & am aiming for queen without a border. (older post: here - the light pinks have been switched out for dark pinks.)
Earlier, I asked about how to piece it? Strata (The plural of stratum) of 6 - to make 36 patch blocks, strips of 2 to make 4 patch blocks, or individual squares.
For a while I was going to do 4 patches... Turns out I prefer to cut the individual squares - they tend to be truer (cut more accurately) & I tend to sew the shorter seams more accurately.
So on Saturday (along with other items of minutiae), I cut strips from all of my fabrics. On Sunday, I started to sub cut the Shirtings & that is what you can see in this image taken with my camera phone at pretty close to 5 a.m. this morning.
I have included the medium lights for "interest" but I only included 1 strip from each of those designs, from the lighter lights, I included two strips from each. I plan to pull randomly as I sew, but I will not hesitate to put a medium back if it is pulled with a cheddar or chrome yellow. Meanwhile, I think that they with play nicely with the Navy & other dark prints.
Thanks again to my friends in the blog-o-sphere who have sent & who plan to send supplementary pieces - to round out my selection.