Monday, June 14, 2010

Quilt show & quilting

So how do you want me to share almost 300 quilt show pictures?
What about what I am up to? Yes, I am "working" on stuff.
I am back to working on my woven taupe quilt. I want to have the top done by the time I go to Hershey in just over a month. I need to trim the selvage edge & square up 72 squares & then I can start to sew. This was the one that was supposed to be dark/dark medium... It started out life as a flower pot sized tumbler quilt & then I messed up with my preliminary cuts & changed it into a squares "zen" quilt & there it sat for a while as I was "mad" at my mistake. (& I did not want to make any more mistakes with those pricy bits of fabric.) Where I left off, I needed a few more pieces of fabric - so I pulled my lights down & played with them on Sunday during my sew-n-tell group meeting.
I could probably find an old photo of this project, but...
And at my sew-n-tell group gathering, one of the gals in the shop where we meet brought in quilt (Japanese included) magazines for us. YIPPY SKIPPY - I brought home just about as many as I could carry - too many actually - My shoulder hurt carrying that bag!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

LOL

Rian said...

SCORE!

julieQ said...

Hey, that is a lot to carry! Enjoy!

坤郁 said...

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person. ....................................................