Monday, June 14, 2010

Berry "picker" eater (edited)


Berry "picker" eater
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Two weeks ago (I know I am behind - I have 2 quilt shows worth of photos to share too.) we went berry picking. Jacob picked the leaves & walked around - fairly oblivious. Then he found out what we were doing. After that point, momma picked Jacob ate = in that order.
(Yes the stains came out.)
I made a strawberry cobbler with our plunder - but believe it or not, I used too many strawberries...

This past Friday after work, Jacob & I picked English Peas. I shelled most of them at the field & then went out & picked some more. Jacob was fine with the whole experience until I decided to pick some more - by then he was DONE! (I should have been done too - but I could not visualize how many peas iIhad picked.) (The ice cream to cool us down afterwards hit the spot.)

We ate spaghetti & eggs with peas, sloppy joes with peas & tonight we will have butered peas with salmon. Yeah, I picked a few peas.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Amy, I love the photo of Jacob and his berry eating experience. I don't know what it is about babies and hats but they are so funny when trying to remove the obstruction....LOL....Ayden starts running when she sees her mommy with hat in hand.....LOL
Have a great week.

Sarah said...

Haha I always pick too much as well.