Thursday, June 24, 2010

Argh 2 - & some quilty goodness

This morning was 180 degrees better than yesterday. No cranky baby, no cat yak, no traffic snarls. YAY

I've started to cut on the CW repro checkerboard quilt:
DSC09982
Wellllll my helpers have - THANKS A BUNCH!
Now you can take out the light double pinks & insert the dark ones:
Civil War Era Reproductions
Speaking about the Civial War, we are going to Corbit's Charge Commemoration: Battle of Westminster on Saturday. & Those kinds of events keep me going back to the CW repros & shirtings...
My big helper made himself cozy while I was cutting the black & whites for my Newspaper quilt.
DSC09980
I hope you enjoyed a small sampling of the quilts from one of the two local shows that I attended recently. I think the next ones that I show will be those where I took close-ups...

5 comments:

Kay said...

Your photos always restore my faith in quilt shows! Maybe your area has better ones than we do.

Have a good day today.

Susan said...

a day with no cat yak is a good day...

Love the quilt show pics! Looking forward to some closeups, thanks for sharing!

劉彥皓 said...

來幫你衝一下人氣,幫你推推推......................................................................

Patchwork Penguin said...

I love double pinks!!!! Especially with browns.

I'm going to put in a plug for our local CW even... "March to Destiny" in Shippensburg, PA. It starts Friday night and most of the action is on Saturday. Would love to see you!

Hugs!

hetty said...

Ah, yes! A day without cat yak! How wonderful. Love your fabrics. And the pictures from the quilt show were fantastic.