Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Would you

Go see the Pioneer Woman?
I thought about it for 1/2 a second.
What's keeping me...
1. I'm kind of tired of her blog - it was so much better 3-ish years ago (Back before she used her real name.)
2. I don't want to buy the cookbook - There are more recipes on her blog for free than I will ever think about trying & many of those I am not interested in trying so I kind of think that the cookbook would be similar. So much stuff that I would not want to cook.
3. I have purchased books written by bloggers & I am about to donate several of them to the Sal. Army. I bought them because they were written by bloggers - that is the wrong reason to buy a book. (now it is almost my reason for not buying - almost.)
4. The location & time of her talk:
WASHINGTON D.C.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
6:00 pm
BORDERS
11054 Lee HwyFairfax,
VA 22030
Not far from my vet & I got out there when the kitties are not well, but my vet is a personal friend & she gives me a discount & I take leave so that I do not have to travel during rush hour.
On a good day during non-rush hour traffic - 54 Minutes according to Google maps. (In rush hour traffic - with construction = no telling.) Compound that with having to pick-up the baby & take with...

So I will be going home - maybe I will make one of her recipes (I doubt it, but I don't have anything planned - so you never know.)

7 comments:

Libby said...

I would probably take a pass, too. I think it's great to see bloggers take off an really make a go of it. On the other hand Mama sez, 'Why pay for the cow when the milk is free?'

Mama Koch said...

No I wouldn't go and her family ranch is about 3 hrs NE of me. I hope people don't think her story is "typical" farm/ranch life in Oklahoma.

Sweet P said...

I wouldn't go either. I agree with you - her older blog posts are better.

paula, the quilter said...

Along the same lines, no I wouldn't go either. I occasionally do a recipe off her blog, but when one is trying to lose weight, her recipes are not diet friendly.

Quiltluver said...

Yes, I would go see her, but not if if was a major hassle or would take a lot of time. I enjoy her blog, and love her photography. I did buy her cookbook, and thoroughly enjoyed looking through all of the beautiful photographs. Everyone I showed the cookbook to loved it as well.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I just know very early on, when she was selling her photos, I sent her an email to purchase one. Never heard from her. It colored my opinion, and each new piece I learned about her turned me more into a doubting Thomas. Movie deal? Sure she doesn't have connections from LA, something just doesn't smell right.

I applaude her success, and if she's the real deal, then fantastic for her. Fight traffic for her? Take the baby out in all that germiness when you could be chillin' at home? Um..no.

Rian said...

I do check PWs blog from time to time to try and win something. Like you, I have grown tired of her minutiae. Not interested in her (or any) cookbook these days.