Monday, May 10, 2010

Working on...


Working on...
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Anyone who knows me (in a quilterly way), knows that I really like novelty prints.

In the past, I have admitted that I cannot have either one of my cat charm quilts on my bed - I spend too much time looking at the kitties.
I have 2 queen/king sized cat charm quilts where a charm is a piece of fabric that does not repeat. As a consequence, I bought the red, green, blue & yellow versions of each cat print - extrapolated out to how many cat fabric lines were produced. I also have several "hidden kitties." You know the ones where the fabric is a farm print, but there is a barn cat showing...

I'm not 100% sure when it started, but I also started to collect non-cat novelty prints. In a staggeringly large scope of subjects. I also swapped (or was gifted) other prints mostly in the form of 5 inch charms.

What you see on my design table are my JACOB prints. I spent my most recent time slot allocated to sewing/cutting/pressing/quilting. Sorting my collection of J, A, C, O, & B prints into sets of Jacob. I have everything from Jello to bell peppers present & ready for this quilt. Which will consist of twelve blocks that are made up of 25 pieces (5 Jacobs each). Now to start sewing & once I do to prevent Jabco, etc.

I also counted how many charms I have for the Mommy I Spy quilt - 475. (I guess I should check how many I "need.")

4 comments:

Kathie said...

I bet this will be a wild quilt with all those prints in it.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a cool idea! So much fun and very creative! Can't wait to see how the blocks turn out!

Teaquilts said...

Wow! That's a lot of different objects to spy in a quilt. That will be too much fun. I like finding quirky things in quilts.

Melinda said...

I am looking forward to seeing the progress on the Jacob quilt.