Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chicken

Last night my husband worked late. So I texted him to find out what he thought of the chicken since he took some for dinner. "Its good" was the reply. HMMMMM was my thought.
Meanwhile I had the rest in our oven "keeping warm/warming up on the keep warm setting - 190 F." (AKA in a manner that quite possibly could have dried out boneless skinless breasts.)

I then cut one breast in half so that Jacob & I could share. I served it with the potatoes that I cooked with the chicken & corn.

The chicken was um how do I say this - chicken. As in nothing special. :o( I had high hopes for the mayo/mustard/garlic sauce....
& I don't know if the problem was my old fingerling potatoes or not, but they did not cook very well either. Especially not the purple ones...

I did get a photo of Jacob eating, but I apparently need a serious JOLT to get me to get any photos off of the camera...

Anyway - leftover chicken for dinner.... (Don't I sound excited?)

2 comments:

Melinda said...

We eat chicken about five nights a week and it is difficult to find new ways of fixing it. Some are better than others.

JVC_Scout_Mom said...

Amy - add the chicken to something like a quesadilla ... or as a part of a salad ... or perhaps something like chieken corn soup (something you can toss in the crockpot and forget about). I practically live on chicken. :)

The Soup Nazi's Mexican Chiken Chili is one of my favs. :) Tho, it's not crockpot-friendly. :/

Ida