Thursday, April 15, 2010

Woe is me.

My Microwave is broken. (I did not realize how often I use it.)
I need to buy a storage solution for Jacob's toys & books. (One for his bedroom & one for the living room.)
I need to purge some more fabric to make room for Jacob in the closet in his room. It is 100% shelved & I am hoping to clear 1 if not 2 shelves. I am hoping to end up with "Kits." Having all of the loose fabric contained on the shelving unit in my bedroom. Tall order, but I am going to start by taking some fabric to my sew-n-tell group this Sunday. Maybe even some kitties. (I am going to cut my 1/2 yards into fat quarters & hope that that eliminates some volume.)

My carrots worked out last night & Jacob ate some - he previously was not impressed with them. But he did not like the quinoa - at all. (The beef wasn't bad reheated with some fresh balsamic vinegar.)
More beef tonight - with carrots & egg noodles.
Salmon with spinach & feta tomorrow. - completely different flavor range.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Looks like you have your day or rest of the week planned out.....as for getting rid of some of your stash.....good luck with that....you know when you cut it....it grows 10 fold....LOL...take pictures...hehehehehehe

Vicki W said...

Our microwave died 2 years ago and it took about 2 weeks before we had it replaced. I remember that I was totally lost without it!

hetty said...

The microwave is something new in our lives, but I don't even want to think of being without mine. My computer monitor died a couple of days ago, so I bought another one. That too is something that I don't want to be without. I couldn't read blogs or email for two whole days! Hope you can sell some of that fabric.

dee said...

Such a funny boy. Just adorable.
The stash has a life of its own. It will not be denied.

Rian said...

I don't think I use my microwave a lot. It would be fun to have a no-microwave week just to see how I'd do without it.

A salmon recipe: Preheat the oven to somewhere between 350-400. Get a pan smoking hot, dry off the salmon, salt and pepper it, drizzle olive oil on it (not in the pan), and put Mr. Salmon in the pan. When it is a lovely brown on the bottom (just a couple minutes), flip it and put it in the oven for a few more minutes. You can see the done-ness in the sides, so take it out just before it gets to where you like it. Wa-La. Easy.